Create and Learn
The 6 Forces Transforming the Future of Healthcare
This article is published in collaboration with Visual Capitalist
Disruptive technologies are advancing healthcare at an extraordinary pace. By 2020, there will be 50 billion devices connected to the internet, and many of these devices will be tracking the health data of individuals. This will empower consumers in an exciting way, but it will also fundamentally shift how healthcare companies work and interact with their customers.
The Changing Customer
The smartphone boom has changed the consumer experience in practically every industry, and it is now cascading into the healthcare market:
Commoditized 76% of consumers expect pharma/healthcare providers to provide services that help them manage their health.
Connected 59% of consumers expect their healthcare customer services to be as good as Amazon’s.
Quantified 76% of consumers expect pharma/healthcare to understand their individual needs.In other words, the traditional healthcare model no longer aligns with the consumer mindset.
The Six Forces
Publicis Health, a global leader in health, has identified six transformative forces that healthcare companies must address to gain a competitive edge:
1. Data Activation Data reveals truths. A robust data strategy fundamentally shifts how company manages their brands.
2. Workflow-Empowered Solutions The patient experience will be at the center of a seamlessly connected workflow of information, with integrated electronic health records (EHR) that document more than just visits to the doctor. The proliferation of EHR opens new opportunities to service healthcare professionals and patients.
3. Content Strategy Consumers want their healthcare information and insights delivered in a personalized, engaging, accessible, and dynamic format.
4. Intelligence Services Consumers want the healthcare industry to “find, know, and help” them, using past behaviors and AI to anticipate their current and future needs.
5. Clinical Trial Recruitment Finding the right patients remains a major challenge for pharma. New technologies and patient engagement strategies are greatly reducing the time and inefficiencies of clinical trial recruitment.
6. Sales Model Transformation As AI takes hold and directs more automated Rx decisions, it will be more than just about relationships but also about relevant skills to make use of the new tools, while preserving the need for human touch.
Together, these forces build the transformative foundation to better performance, customer experience, and health outcomes.
Start learning Business Intelligence tools:
#businessintelligence #analytics #dashboard #finance #accounting #tableau #powerbi #excel #sales #datascience #createandlearn #health #healthcare